Wednesday, February 17, 2010

It has been a long time since I have updated this blog, but I promise to try to write at least every other week for now on. I have some big news that I will write about in the next post, and the remaining posts will follow along my new journey.

In other news:

The husband and I attempted to learn how to snowboard in January, which was a blast. We rented equipment at Sugar Bowl and even took the introductory classes with Rick-the-snow-boarder-dude. We fell (not as much as I anticipated, however), acquired lots of bruises, and ended the day with a much-deserved cocktail. All together, a great day. I will post photos soon of our ridiculousness.

We just finished remodeling our bedroom (except for the flooring). Our home is a condo in the Sacramento area, which, for a long time, was a rental. So you could imagine how much work the place needs. Most of the large and expensive items have been replaced/repaired, such as the windows, the water heater, the dishwasher, and the entire HVAC system. The main bathroom has had everything replaced and repainted, except for the bathtub and bathtub fixtures. It is still on the to-do list.
So in the bedroom: We repainted the walls (light green), the baseboards, trim and door (dove white), the closet (light mocha), and installed a new IKEA organizer for the interior of the closet. All of the bedroom furniture was replaced with the MALM series, in a birch finish, and we hung new photos and art work. Again, I will post photos in the next post. I still need to get off my lazy butt and download them.

Blurg! ....by the way, NetFlix has all of the previous 30 Rock seasons on instant watch.....awesomeo!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I thought there was supposed to be news here... The grapevine has provided some interesting tidbits, but I was hoping for a good story from you! - Rhiannon

    ReplyDelete